|We are looking for dedicated and motivated Shepherds to join our team in the Hawkes Bay.
· Shepherd – Permanent
· Shepherd – Fixed Term (August to November)
As a Shepherd, you will work within a small team, under the guidance of Managers who are keen to see staff expand their skills and achieve their goals. There is also scope for the right person to work across both the livestock and cropping enterprises.
Livestock policies consist of winter trade lamb, bull beef and wagyu cattle supplying grass-fed markets and feedlot finishing programmes. A range of paddock sizes provide good mustering opportunities as well as the chance for further development in intensive finishing systems, pasture management and modern farming practices.
· Poukawa Valley – about 20 min south of Hastings or 10 min north of Otane
· Fernhill – about 15 min from either Hastings or Taradale
The farms are close to town allowing staff to enjoy the best of both worlds and providing the added benefit of giving family and partners choice in regards to schooling and work.
The successful applicant will bring:
· A sound level of stockmanship
· 2 to 4 capable working dogs
· Self-motivation to work independently
· Good communication skills
· Ability to follow and implement health and safety protocols
· Willingness to learn new technologies
· Excellent work ethic and reliability
· Pride and respect for their workplace
A competitive remuneration package with employee benefits will apply based on experience and skill level.
Bring your great attitude and energy to our progressive farming business
Interested? Fill in the application form below or contact Hayden Ashby direct with any questions you might have – 0272 931 682
Note: Applicants for this position must have NZ Residency.