Brownrigg Agriculture is a progressive agricultural business, having both cropping and livestock interests growing high quality food and produce. We supply to NZ and the world from our operations based 20-minutes south of Hastings.
Our platform and portfolio of crops and forages is expanding bringing with it an increased operational requirement of getting things done right and on time. Our Agronomy team oversees the planning, care and wellbeing of all our crops, pastures and forages across our enterprises and so we have developed a new permanent position to support our Agronomy Manager and meet the growing needs of the business.
With a focus on timely implementation of plans, team leadership, precision and effective use of resources you will help the business achieve high performance plant production to meet its customer’s needs. Areas of focus will include:
- Staff Recruitment and Management to fulfill operational needs, managing priorities and workloads, and motivating a diverse mix of permanent and seasonal staff
- Operational Management implementing agronomy plans across crops and pastures, manage spray, fertiliser and fungicide plans, implement pastoral forage crop and regrassing
- Crop & Pasture Monitoring, managing the crop monitoring team to ensure the crop growth, health, weed and pest status is actively monitored allowing for timely execution of crop care activities
- Harvest Planning, playing an active role in Squash harvest planning providing decision support for both the operational and post-harvest teams on priorities, flows and quality
- System Support, contributing to the efficient and successful operation via accurate, timely information flow with clear communication and critical thinking
- Best Practice, to ensure all activities are compliant in respect of accurate and safe chemical and product applications, keeping abreast of industry and technology development and regulatory changes
We have a strong team of staff and our farms are well equipped with significant investment in infrastructure and machinery. You will bring:
- Proven experience in the Agriculture and/or Horticulture industry.
- Team leadership and staff management skills
- An understanding of crop production and modern precision agricultural practices, with an affinity for machinery
- A logical approach to planning and prioritisation with clear problem-solving capabilities
- Ability to process, analyse and interpret information with enthusiasm to grasp new ideas and technologies
- A relevant agricultural or horticultural degree would be advantageous
This is an exciting career opportunity to enjoy a varied role working within a professional team where you will have the opportunity to continue developing your skills. You will be well rewarded with job satisfaction and excellent remuneration that recognises previous experience, qualification and skills.
A full Position Description is available upon request from firstname.lastname@example.org
Please APPLY BELOW attaching your CV with cover letter.
For further information or to discuss in confidence, contact Dereck Ferguson +64278074575
NOTE: Applicants MUST be within New Zealand and hold current entitlement to work in New Zealand.