Due to exciting developments within our Livestock enterprise we have a new role available which will provide management and coordination support for our multi-farm operation.
This role offers a good mix of practical hands-on farming as well as higher level monitoring, planning and pasture and feed management.
Reporting to the Livestock Operations Manager, you will:
- Provide management support and cover for the Operations Manager
- Manage and coordinate a small team of Shepherd Generals which will operate as a centralised team across all farms with a focus on animal handling activities
- Plan and coordinate workloads which see optimal use of people and equipment
- Measure monthly pasture covers, monitor grazing management and maintain farm maintenance plans
- Understand how livestock finishing systems operate and have insight into how to maximise these
- Hands-on pastoral farming experience with a focus on pasture management and high-performance livestock systems
- Strong people leadership and sound time-management skills
- A desire and ability to train and develop others
- Affinity for technology and intermediate level computer skills
- An appropriate tertiary qualification is desirable
- Driver licence essential
This is a hands-on role requiring experience, drive, an outgoing nature and a passion for farming and its people.
You will be well rewarded, get to farm in a great environment and will be exposed to a wide range of innovative farming practices and passionate people.
On-farm accommodation is available and, being close to town, gives opportunities for those with family and singles alike with a wide range of schooling, sports, social and outdoor pursuits in close proximity along with employment opportunities for partners.
APPLY NOW with CV and Cover letter using the form below.
A full Position Description is available on request, from firstname.lastname@example.org
Or to discuss this role further, please contact Hayden Ashby 0272 931 682
NOTE: all applicants must be resident in New Zealand and hold appropriate entitlement to work