Brownrigg Agriculture is the pioneer of Wagyu beef breeding in NZ and we are looking for someone with the same practical, problem-solving mindset to help us perfect our finishing feedlot.
Nestled in the hills of the Poukawa Valley, 20 minutes south of Hastings, our Wagyu cattle are being carefully managed to supply marbled meat so tender that it commands some of the highest premiums in the world.
• You will enjoy operating machinery like tractors and feed wagons.
• You will have a Class 4 licence – or a Class 2 and be willing to work towards gaining Class 4 with our support.
• You will be comfortable around cattle and care about their welfare.
• You are positive, enjoy being part of a team but are happy to spend most of the day working independently.
• You will enjoy mixing physical work with machinery operation.
• You have a continual improvement mindset, always looking to be more efficient.
• You will take your safety and the safety of those around you seriously.
• You take pride in your place of work.
What we can offer you:
• Full training in feedlot operation.
• For the right candidate, the opportunity to achieve your Class 4 licence.
• Rostered time-off based around a 45-hour work week.
• Top-notch shared accommodation (if required).
• Modern equipment.
For further information please phone our Recruitment Manager Erin Hutchinson on 0800 BROWNRIGG (276 967).
Applicants for this position must have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.Closes on 15 January 2021