BROWNRIGG AGRICULTURE is a progressive agribusiness based in Hawkes Bay, with a well-established reputation for growing, packing and exporting quality products.
After a five-year spell we have decided to re-ignite our Onion business and are now on the hunt for people with talent and experience in the onion industry.
A pivotal role which we are looking to fill is the Packhouse Manager. This is an opportunity for someone who has Onion Packhouse skills along with knowledge and understanding of horticultural crop production, and is looking to progress their career in this industry.
As Packhouse Manager, you will:
- Manage and motivate the Packhouse personnel and optimise productivity of the facility
- Understand quality systems, production planning, and inventory control with an ability to react and adjust grading outcomes
- Be machinery and mechanically minded
- Have strong knowledge of and the ability to apply compliance programmes, including NZ MPI Technical Standards
- Understand and implement Health & Safety requirements
- Problem-solving capabilities; in both mechanical and staff management
- Experience in achieving packing plans and targeted production outcomes
- A desire and ability to train and develop others, with a high level of communication skills
- Affinity for technology and intermediate level computer skills
- A passion for the industry, for high performance and for people
You will be well rewarded, through a remuneration package based on skills and experience, and be part of a professional and innovative team. Our base is in the productive Poukawa Valley, approximately 20 minutes south of Hastings.
Interested? Apply now by completing the form below, and attaching your CV with cover letter.
If you wish to discuss the role in confidence, please call Sam Lindstrom +64272440092.
NOTE: All applicants must be able to produce valid documentation to confirm entitlement to work in New Zealand